Volunteering at PMH is a healthy way to make a difference and is a satisfying way to stay active and involved in your community. It means sharing your time and talents where you are needed most and making a difference in people's lives.
What volunteers do is more important than service. It is about creating an experience for patients. Patients say repeatedly what matters the most is how we make them feel. We could not deliver and fulfill our mission without volunteers.
- Supporting our hospital and the community we serve
- The good feeling of helping others
- Meeting like-minded people
- Invitations to associate activities
- Free use of Rehabilitation Services exercise equipment
- Participation in internal wellness programs
- Free annual flu shot and TB testing; hepatitis B vaccination
- Free meals while volunteering if working a 3.5 - 4 hour shift
Being an Auxilian offers a broad range of gratifying work opportunities, and at many different levels of commitment and ability. A teen volunteer program also is available for young people 16+ years for serving in a variety of areas.
Volunteer assignments include unit assistance, escorting, receptionist, office assistance, community services and patient and family services. Volunteers also collate, fold and staple documents to help other staff members or may brighten patients' days by bringing them flowers and mail from their friends and relatives.
Other volunteer services include:
- Information desk
- Hostess program
- Student loans
- Refreshment center
To sign up, visit the PMH Gift Shop or call Brian Ledley, Vice President of Communications, at 574-946-2148.