Patients often feel distressed after a cancer diagnosis. When you're battling cancer, one of your greatest concerns is about being able to maintain your daily routine. The PMH outpatient chemotherapy suite allows patients to carry on with a normal life-you can have your chemo right here at PMH even if your oncologist is in another area, so no driving for hours to get to and from your appointments.
Chemotherapy nurses in the PMH Oncology Unit work closely with oncologists/hematologists who are on-site three times a month to provide high quality care for our patients and their families during the course of treatment. Nurses help to evaluate the patient before treatment begins and explain possible side effects they may experience during treatment and how to manage them. In addition, they assess how patients are doing throughout treatment and help them cope with any changes they may be experiencing. They also provide support, education and resources to patients and their families. Nurses play a key role in educating the patient about treatment, side effects, managing expectations, etc.
The caring and compassionate staff at PMH understands your fears. They can help you through the process and answer all your questions. When you select PMH you become part of a family...a cancer treatment family that offers extensive support and knowledge to help you and your loved ones cope with and treat the cancer.
- Medical oncology (chemotherapy)
- On-site general oncologic surgery
- On-site pharmacy
- On-site laboratory
- On-site radiology unit for diagnostic imaging
- Treatment for blood disorders-clotting abnormalities, blood dyscrasias, etc
- Infusion treatments for rheumatoid arthritis, ulcerative colitis/Crohn's, anemia
- Experienced, compassionate, nationally certified nurses in the fields of medical and oncology nursing
- Support services, including nutrition, physical therapy, social services and palliative care
- Access to clinical trials
- American Cancer Society Cancer (ACS) Resource Library with access to reference and support information
- ACS Look Good Feel Better program: a trained cosmetologist offers cancer patients tips on hair and make-up when they have concerns about their appearance
8 am - 4:30 pm; other hours by appointment
For more information call 574-946-2180.