We have placed an emphasis on creating a homelike atmosphere for the birthing experience. Birthing suites allow you to labor, deliver, recover and receive postpartum care all in one room. Attractive décor hides all of the state-of-the-art equipment needed to make your delivery a success.
Each private room is equipped with:
- Bed for labor and delivery that adjusts to a variety of positions
- Rocking chair and easy chair to help mom and dad relax before, during and after delivery.
- Private in-room bathroom
- Entertainment center
- Plenty of storage space
- Immediate access to emergent care equipment
- 24-hour anesthesia services
- State-of-the-art fetal/newborn monitoring
- Quiet time for mom and baby from 2 pm - 4 pm
- Certified lactation consultant
- Locked unit for security
All rooms are large and spacious enough so that the entire family can come and welcome the newborn after birth. In most cases, the baby can stay right with the mother in a special crib beside the mother's bed. Of course, our staff is always there to assist the new mother and provide the baby with emergency care.
For more information about classes or the Maternity Unit, call 574-946-2113.