X-rays are the oldest form of medical imaging and are the fastest and easiest way for a physician to diagnose a broken bone and track healing. X-rays also allow us to monitor degenerative diseases such as arthritis and detect advanced forms of bone cancer.
There is no preparation for a standard X-ray.
Most exams are performed on a walk-in basis, but you can also call to make an appointment. X-rays are performed 24/7.
The day of your appointment
- Please arrive 20 minutes prior to your scheduled time so that you may complete the registration process.
- Once the registration process is complete, you will be escorted to the Diagnostic Imaging Department and a certified technologist will explain the procedure to you.
- Our staff may ask you to change into a hospital gown and to remove any jewelry, eyeglasses or other metal objects that can obscure the area of interest.
- You will be positioned either on a table, in a chair or in a standing position.
- X-rays themselves are painless. You will be asked to hold very still and possibly to hold your breath just long enough for the X-ray to be taken.
Once your X-ray is complete you may leave and your results will be forwarded to your physician to explain to you.
For more information call 574-946-2136.