Department: Environmental Services
Full-time (1.0 FTE)
Manages Environmental Services and Linen Services departments. Establishes policies, procedures, standards, and objectives. Plans organizes, and directs all functions including staffing and staff development, budgeting, purchasing, production and distribution. Maintains Infection Control measures, serving on Infection Control, Performance Improvement and Safety Committees and attending other meetings as required. Provides an efficiently run, aseptic, and aesthetically pleasing environment through coordinating and supervising all functions of the department.
- Maintains staffing to meet compliance for HFAP, federal and state regulatory agency inspection regarding safety and sanitation for patients, visitors and employees.
- Demonstrates ability to select, orient, evaluate performance, and discipline employees.
- Demonstrates ability to initiate or revise policies and procedures.
- Interviews, hires, assists with training and evaluates the performance of and when necessary, disciplines and discharges subordinate personnel.
- Demonstrates ability to prepare and monitor departments' budgets.
- Inspects and evaluates physical condition of the hospital.
- Confers with other departments in developing sanitation/infection control standards.
- Demonstrates knowledge of current environmental practices.
- Demonstrates proper care and use of equipment.
- Maintains and increases skills and knowledge by attending educational opportunities as appropriate.
- Prepares and submits statistical reports and purchase orders to Financial Services as required.
- Maintains inventory for both departments to meet patient and hospital needs.
- Provides coordinated back-up for the Dietary Manager when that manager is unavailable.
- All other duties as assigned.
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
- Attends mandatory in-services as required within established time frame.
- Attends departmental meetings as required.
- Adheres to Infection Control Program.
- Maintains current license, certification, registration and CPR certifications as applicable.
- Follows dress code policy.
- Adheres to safety program standards.
- Adheres to Attendance/Scheduling policies.
Schedules PTO requests in advance
Works holiday and weekend commitment as needed
Maintains attendance records
- Demonstrates flexibility in recognizing and participating in staffing needs.
- Understands and adheres to the Hospital's Mission and Core Values.
- Exemplifies qualities of PMH Service Excellence Initiative.
Minimum three (3) years of Environmental Services experience, preferably in a health care setting. Knowledge of custodial and linen policies.
Must have the ability to spend up to eight (8) hours walking and standing. Must have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.